I'm having a bad day...
When I got home today from school, there was a letter in the mail from the NY Workers' Compensation Board. Those of you who know me know that I've been fighting a battle to get Workers' Comp for my depression. I truly believe that it was caused by stress due to emotional abuse I received at work. Well, my attorney--who I lovely refer to as The Idiot Attorney (TIA)--screwed up my case. He took too long to put together a settlement and the Board made a decision against me. Of course it didn't help that TIA didn't submit an extension or summary before the Board made its decision.
So anyways, last October we appealed the decision and today I got the letter stating that the Board is letting the original decision stand. Let's just say I'm not a happy kitty. I've been enduring this BS for over seven years just to have that happen. What is worse is that I can't even get in touch with TIA to find out what my options are. Can I still appeal since they didn't take other medical evidence into account or am I just screwed? It's just so frustrating.
On a less personal level, but still really bad, it looks like the NHL will cancel the entire season officially tomorrow. Can you believe this? It will be the first time ever a major sports league in North America will cancel an entire season. What a bunch of idiots! All I know is that Bettman and Goodenow should be fired. I know there are owners who are actually losing less money by not playing (since they don't have to pay the players) but the long term ramifications of cancelling a whole season is a hell of a lot worse. Just think of all the fans they will lose, how much money they would lose through not only loss of revenue from ticket sales but from merchandise as well, and how hard it will be to regain any semblance of respectability. Over the past few years, the NHL has been gaining some respect and was even thought to rise up to the level of the other big three sports in popularity. I saw the way the last baseball strike negatively affected the game for years afterwards.
I just wish we had minor league hockey around here, or at least got those games on TV. It's going to be a long winter/spring without hockey. :(
So anyways, last October we appealed the decision and today I got the letter stating that the Board is letting the original decision stand. Let's just say I'm not a happy kitty. I've been enduring this BS for over seven years just to have that happen. What is worse is that I can't even get in touch with TIA to find out what my options are. Can I still appeal since they didn't take other medical evidence into account or am I just screwed? It's just so frustrating.
On a less personal level, but still really bad, it looks like the NHL will cancel the entire season officially tomorrow. Can you believe this? It will be the first time ever a major sports league in North America will cancel an entire season. What a bunch of idiots! All I know is that Bettman and Goodenow should be fired. I know there are owners who are actually losing less money by not playing (since they don't have to pay the players) but the long term ramifications of cancelling a whole season is a hell of a lot worse. Just think of all the fans they will lose, how much money they would lose through not only loss of revenue from ticket sales but from merchandise as well, and how hard it will be to regain any semblance of respectability. Over the past few years, the NHL has been gaining some respect and was even thought to rise up to the level of the other big three sports in popularity. I saw the way the last baseball strike negatively affected the game for years afterwards.
I just wish we had minor league hockey around here, or at least got those games on TV. It's going to be a long winter/spring without hockey. :(
Comments