Good News!
Things have been so crazy that I forgot to post some of the good news I’ve been getting this past week.
First off, my little niece stood on her own for the first time this past Sunday. Whoohoo! She has been crawling around like a little terror but now she’s able to stand up which means she’ll be walking like a little terror soon enough. :) My poor brother. LOL
The second bit of good news is that Lullaby, the Maine Coon owned by my friends Jean and Jennifer, gave birth to a litter of six kittens on Sunday as well. It was a good day all around. Out of the litter, there were two girls (one silver and one smoked tortie) and four boys (one silver, one black smoke, and two red silvers). Now I’m very excited because I wanted either a red or a silver and definitely a boy, so when I saw that she had not one but two red silvers I was ecstatic! I won’t be able to visit them for a few more weeks but that’s ok. I wouldn’t want to do anything that might inadvertently cause any of them any harm. After hearing about this, I immediately called up Jean and let her know that we definitely want one of the red silver boys.
Here’s the picture that Jean sent me. It’s not a great shot but I heard that Lullaby was very overprotective of her babies and wouldn’t let Jean get too close to the kittens.

Darren and I have already been discussing the names for the new kitten. Much to Darren's chagrin, I will NOT name it Monkey. I'm thinking more along the line of Fawkes (after the phoenix in the Harry Potter books) since it's red but we'll see. A lot of times, I don't know the name until I meet the kitten.
First off, my little niece stood on her own for the first time this past Sunday. Whoohoo! She has been crawling around like a little terror but now she’s able to stand up which means she’ll be walking like a little terror soon enough. :) My poor brother. LOL
The second bit of good news is that Lullaby, the Maine Coon owned by my friends Jean and Jennifer, gave birth to a litter of six kittens on Sunday as well. It was a good day all around. Out of the litter, there were two girls (one silver and one smoked tortie) and four boys (one silver, one black smoke, and two red silvers). Now I’m very excited because I wanted either a red or a silver and definitely a boy, so when I saw that she had not one but two red silvers I was ecstatic! I won’t be able to visit them for a few more weeks but that’s ok. I wouldn’t want to do anything that might inadvertently cause any of them any harm. After hearing about this, I immediately called up Jean and let her know that we definitely want one of the red silver boys.
Here’s the picture that Jean sent me. It’s not a great shot but I heard that Lullaby was very overprotective of her babies and wouldn’t let Jean get too close to the kittens.
Darren and I have already been discussing the names for the new kitten. Much to Darren's chagrin, I will NOT name it Monkey. I'm thinking more along the line of Fawkes (after the phoenix in the Harry Potter books) since it's red but we'll see. A lot of times, I don't know the name until I meet the kitten.
Comments