Where have I been?
Ya, got a month behind in my blog. Never a good thing. Between school, school, school, and hockey, I've been busy.
I'd never thought a Life Drawing class would keep me so busy. The instructor, Paul, is a good guy but there are times I want to shake him to remind him that some of us have lives outside of school. Every week he gives us 4+ hours of drawing to do as homework. I'm just not used to that. Honestly, though, it isn't so bad. At least the assignments he's giving us are somewhat interesting.
My animation class is turning into a nightmare. I just can never seem to get enough time in the week to do my work for it. I'm so behind in my work, my computer at home is having a nightmare running the programs, and the lab at school seems to be open only when I can't go. It gets a little frustrating at times.
One big decision I made lately is to postpone my applications to grad school for a year. Well, actually, I still am throwing around the idea of a BFA v. an MFA but I did decide to wait another year to make the decision. Why? My health just hasn't been that great. The depression has really taken a toll on me since my breakdown and I literally don't have the energy to go through producing a demo reel and getting all the application materials together right now. It has been a huge stress in my life for the past couple of months and since I know I wouldn't be ready for a grad program next year health-wise anyways, why not push the applications back a year?
On a more pleasant note, I am extremely happy the hockey season has started up again. We got the Center Ice package with our cable company earlier this month so now I have all the games, including the Hockey Night in Canada games. Whoohoo! Now I don't feel so bad about the Red Sox tanking it at the end. :)
I'd never thought a Life Drawing class would keep me so busy. The instructor, Paul, is a good guy but there are times I want to shake him to remind him that some of us have lives outside of school. Every week he gives us 4+ hours of drawing to do as homework. I'm just not used to that. Honestly, though, it isn't so bad. At least the assignments he's giving us are somewhat interesting.
My animation class is turning into a nightmare. I just can never seem to get enough time in the week to do my work for it. I'm so behind in my work, my computer at home is having a nightmare running the programs, and the lab at school seems to be open only when I can't go. It gets a little frustrating at times.
One big decision I made lately is to postpone my applications to grad school for a year. Well, actually, I still am throwing around the idea of a BFA v. an MFA but I did decide to wait another year to make the decision. Why? My health just hasn't been that great. The depression has really taken a toll on me since my breakdown and I literally don't have the energy to go through producing a demo reel and getting all the application materials together right now. It has been a huge stress in my life for the past couple of months and since I know I wouldn't be ready for a grad program next year health-wise anyways, why not push the applications back a year?
On a more pleasant note, I am extremely happy the hockey season has started up again. We got the Center Ice package with our cable company earlier this month so now I have all the games, including the Hockey Night in Canada games. Whoohoo! Now I don't feel so bad about the Red Sox tanking it at the end. :)
Comments