Weird but Good
Normally Fridays are my day off. My chance to sleep in, do nothing, and all out veg. With physical therapy, however, that had to change. Teaching Monday through Thursday and then having to go to PT three of those nights was too much. So now I do PT on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This also gives me a chance to go into the office and get some work.
So, I'm driving to PT this morning and the weirdest thing happened to me: I had to slow down to let a wild turkey cross the road. Turkeys are not rare sightings where I live but it is very rare to see a lone turkey, and even more so that it was a female. It was just really weird.
Then, my day got better. I received some student evaluations from last spring. I know that I am a good teacher but students these days are lazy and I make them think (OMG....I'm so horrible). Anyways, even I was surprised by these evals. Every single one of the sixty-some-odd students said they would recommend me to other students. Damn. Also, one comment made me feel great:
And another one made me feel good because it didn't make me sound like I was too easy with the students:
What a way to end the week. :)
So, I'm driving to PT this morning and the weirdest thing happened to me: I had to slow down to let a wild turkey cross the road. Turkeys are not rare sightings where I live but it is very rare to see a lone turkey, and even more so that it was a female. It was just really weird.
Then, my day got better. I received some student evaluations from last spring. I know that I am a good teacher but students these days are lazy and I make them think (OMG....I'm so horrible). Anyways, even I was surprised by these evals. Every single one of the sixty-some-odd students said they would recommend me to other students. Damn. Also, one comment made me feel great:
I never really liked history before and now I actually want to come to class. This class is awesome, I would recommend her as a professor to all of my friends and I wanna know what classes she is teaching next semester so I can take them.
And another one made me feel good because it didn't make me sound like I was too easy with the students:
A pleasure to have in class. Hard tests. Nice academic challenge.
What a way to end the week. :)
Comments
I hear that because of NCLB that history is the first subject to go in public school so kids score well on math and science. I don't know if that's true or not.
We incorporate a bit of history into most subjects in our homeschool. It's a lot of fun.