Am I a Bad Person...

...for not getting into the holiday spirit this year? I tried. I really did. I listened to Christmas music, watched some Christmas TV specials. Nothing I did could get me into the mood.

Who knows? Maybe it's karma for giving that dipshit an F? Nah. When I looked back at his work, he truly handed in F quality material. Anyways, I raised enough kids' grades to make up for it. Every class got a curve in their final grade. Ya, I'm tough but I also realize that if the entire class is doing poorly that's more a reflection of me than of them. So pretty much 200+ kids got the grade bump (including said dipshit who got bumped back down anyways).

Maybe it's just too much stress. The semester ended a bit earlier than normal but I've been dealing with a lot of crap since then. The roof leaking is never a fun thing. Also, I'm panicking trying to get my online class ready for the next semester. Oh yes, did I mention the horde of whining e-mails with students complaining about their grades? I finally set the "out of office" reply on my e-mail and I'm going to do my best not to check it.

Now I'll be spending next week with the insurance company appraiser to look at the leak and lining up contractors to get estimates to fix the walls. Did I mention there is a $1,000 deductible? Is there a Santa for drywall replacement?

Bah humbug...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Ayla

Long Week

Goodbye My Friend