Random Thoughts From Grading Hell

As I sit here grading final exams, here are a few random thoughts going through my head:
  • How is it that, even though I've given the same exact final for years on end, students still amaze me by doing worse on it as each year goes by? And these are take home exams now. Geeze.
  • No, I'm not surprise that you are having problems uploading the assignment to Blackboard from your phone. Why are you writing your paper on your phone? No, I don't want to know.
  • Spell check. Is that such a difficult thing to grasp?
  • Please don't call Alexander the Great your "homey."
  • Christianity did not exist in Classical Greece. Heck, it didn't even start before the Roman Empire. Sorry to cause that disillusion.
  • While I agree that "nothing important happened in the Middle Ages" please don't write that in your essay. Same thing goes for calling Henry VIII a "man-whore."
  • The Enlightenment comes after the Scientific Revolution and not before.
  • And no, Kepler was not a medieval thinker.
  • There is no such thing as a "good" concentration camp.
And this is only halfway through the stack. I think I'll go grab that bottle of wine now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Ayla

Long Week

Goodbye My Friend