First Day Back

I ventured back to school today. Bear suggested that I call in sick today (the third day in a row) and just consider this week a wash. However, I was getting so damn antsy. Sitting at home, mostly either in bed or at my desk, has been driving me nuts. I needed to get out. Also, my Thursdays are an easy day. I only have two classes from 1:30-4:30pm and no office hours. If I need to go to school, I might as well do it today, right?

Bah.

First I had my CERT training. It's the Community Emergency Response Team. My school is offering it and I figured in this day and age it's good to know what to do in case of an emergency. And it's free. Unfortunately, it's on the other side of the main complex so I had to walk...or should I say hobble?...all the way there and back. Ugh.

Then, in my classes...could I sit still? No. I just can't sit during my lectures. It's not in my nature. So without thinking about it, I got up, walked around a bit, and just moved way too much. Now I'm paying for it. The area around the incision is throbbing. Plus the last Vicodin I took was at 10am this morning. Another bad move. I'm so happy I don't have to teach tomorrow.

Bear was right in that I should've stayed home today. However, I think I would've banged my head against the wall out of boredom instead. Either way, I would be in pain. LOL

Comments

While I think the CERT training sounds like a good plan, learning it while on crutches with a cast sounds like a real pain in the behind.
Hope you are feeling better by Monday.

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Ayla

Long Week

Goodbye My Friend