I Need a Vacation

It's only my third day back to work and I want to go back on vacation. That's not a good sign.

It's not the job. I seem to have a great bunch of students this semester and I have the classes I want to teach at the times I want.

The problem? My stupid foot. You really don't realize how much walking you do each and every day until you add crutches into the equations. Now while I can put some weight on my foot, I have to put most of the weight on my crutches or else my foot starts hurting and throbbing. However, by putting the weight on my crutches, my arms get a workout that they aren't used to. Last Friday, my triceps hurt more than my foot did. So much so that I was taking the Vicodin for that pain rather than my foot pain. LOL.

Since I put in a full day yesterday, everything hurts today. Thankfully I only have to teach two classes. I just have to make sure I don't overdo it and walk around again today.

On a lighter note, I am getting back into stamping. One of my New Years' resolutions was to get back into scrapbooking and stamping. Last night I went to a meeting the local Stampin' Up! demonstrator had. It was a monthly meeting where she had all the demonstrators under her come in, share business ideas, do a couple of projects (one included a cute spinner card), and a card swap. I'm thinking of becoming a demonstrator but for hobby purposes, not business. I don't have the time and energy to devote to running a business. However, I love their project and would buy enough of it to justify becoming a demonstrator just for the discount. Also, it would be great to have people I can scrapbook and stamp with. I miss that. It'll just be convincing Bear it would be worth it for me. That's the hard part. LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Ayla

Long Week