Winter Wonderland
I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sight: our first snow of the season.
I knew there was a minor chance of snow but I hadn't kept my hopes up. The TV weatherman mentioned rain for most of the NYC area with a slight chance of snow north and west of the city. Well, I'm north and west.
This morning there was about two inches of snow on the ground and it was still coming down as big, puffy, and wet flakes. It was sticking too so everything was covered with this thick, gorgeous layer of snow. It literally looked like a winter wonderland. As I drove to work this morning over the mountain, it was even thicker and more beautiful. There was a fog that gave everything an ethereal look to it.
Of course, once I got 15 minutes away from my house, there wasn't a flake to be seen. It was raining at the lower altitudes which was kind of disappointing. I just hope the snow lasts long enough for me to see more of it when I get home but I doubt it.
I'll try to post up some pictures later.
I knew there was a minor chance of snow but I hadn't kept my hopes up. The TV weatherman mentioned rain for most of the NYC area with a slight chance of snow north and west of the city. Well, I'm north and west.
This morning there was about two inches of snow on the ground and it was still coming down as big, puffy, and wet flakes. It was sticking too so everything was covered with this thick, gorgeous layer of snow. It literally looked like a winter wonderland. As I drove to work this morning over the mountain, it was even thicker and more beautiful. There was a fog that gave everything an ethereal look to it.
Of course, once I got 15 minutes away from my house, there wasn't a flake to be seen. It was raining at the lower altitudes which was kind of disappointing. I just hope the snow lasts long enough for me to see more of it when I get home but I doubt it.
I'll try to post up some pictures later.
Comments